See Chicago Dance (SCD), Chicago’s non-profit service organization for dance, is seeking a qualified Intern for the Summer season. SCD's mission is to build and engage dance audiences in Chicago and advocate for Chicago dance. SCD exists to provide Chicago dance companies with increased visibility, expansive resources, and additional forums to showcase and share their talents.
The Intern would be a member of the SCD staff, would report to the Marketing and Operations Manager, and would work to serve the organization’s core mission and programs. Specifically, the Intern would serve three key areas: arts administrative support for the Executive Director, fundraising/donor cultivation, and program support for SCD’s multiple audience engagement programs. This internship offers the right candidate tremendous opportunities for meaningful work and networking in a highly competitive field.
Internship duties include but are not limited to:
• Serve as key administrative support for the Executive Director of a small not for profit service organization
• Assist in operations dealing with fundraising and donor cultivation
• Staff tables in lobbies at dance performances, especially performances related to the organization’s current objective of building audiences and networks with diverse populations
• Participate in the organization’s social media campaigns
• Assist other staff with other tasks and projects as needed
• Must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week; some evening and weekend work required during performances; the schedule for Spring internships generally begin in January
• Proficient in Microsoft Office or equivalent software, especially Excel
• Knowledge of Salesforce CRM software, video editing, and social media tools a plus
• Excellent communication skills a must
• A professional, yet fun-loving person with a sense of humor
To Apply: Please email your cover letter, resume and a list of 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.