Four days of programming includes an array of presentations including plenary panels, lecture demonstrations, roundtables, and working groups. EXPLODE!-a series of performance events on- and off-campus-considers how dance scholarship looks different when queer folks actively author spaces for gathering. Evening programs curated by In/Motion Dance Film Festival reflect on the conference theme. Exhibits at the Northwestern library highlight resources for dance research in the John Cage Collection and the Melville J. Herskovits Library of African Studies.
We are seeking volunteers to:
- help attendees find their way around campus & around Evanston.
- act as liaison between presenters and Northwestern A/V support if there are any technical needs.
- staff registration tables to help with check-in.
- field questions and concerns from attendees, directing them to the necessary parties.
- help with basic set-up and clean-up of rooms.