Audience Architects (AARCH) / SeeChicagoDance (SCD), Chicago’s non-profit service organization for dance, is seeking a qualified Intern for the Spring season. AARCH and SCD's mission is to build and engage dance audiences in Chicago and advocate for Chicago dance. AARCH exists to provide Chicago dance companies with increased visibility, expansive resources, and additional forums to showcase and share their talents.
The Intern would be a member of the AARCH/SCD staff, would report to the Marketing and Programs Manager, and would work to serve the organization’s core mission and programs. Specifically, the Intern would serve three key areas: maintenance, customer service tasks, advertising promotions related to SeeChicagoDance.com, AARCH/SCD’s audience building website for the Chicago dance community, and program support for AARCH’s multiple audience engagement programs. This internship offers the right candidate tremendous opportunities for meaningful work and networking in a highly competitive field. This is an unpaid internship.
Internship duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist in advertising and customer service efforts for the organization’s websites, including database entry and posting information about upcoming performances via the Content Management System (CMS)
• Staff tables in lobbies at dance performances, especially performances related to the organization’s current objective of building audiences and networks with diverse populations
• Assist with the distribution of marketing materials in the greater Chicago Community
• Participate in the organization’s social media campaigns
• Assist other staff with other tasks and projects as needed
• Must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week; some evening and weekend work required during performances; the schedule for Spring internships generally begin in January
• Proficient in Microsoft Office or equivalent software, especially Excel
• Knowledge of Salesforce CRM software, video editing, and social media tools a plus
• Excellent communication skills a must
• A professional, yet fun-loving person with a sense of humor
Please email your cover letter, resume and a list of 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.