Loyola University Chicago in partnership with Chicago Public Schools is looking for dance teacher candidates for their 2022 residency cohort. Candidates will earn a MEd in Elementary Education with a Dance Endorsement while fully employed by Chicago Public Schools. The benefits of entering the programs include:
• A paid year of training (plus full benefits) while you learn to be an effective teacher.
• Collaborating and learning alongside experienced mentor teachers.
• Discounted university tuition, financial aid, and federal loan forgiveness.
• Free professional development and classroom tools to help you be prepared for your own classroom.
• Full-time role in CPS after successful program completion nearly doubling annual salary.
Minimum Requirements for Candidacy are:
1. A Bachelor's degree and 18 credit hours of undergraduate dance coursework.
2. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Please use the link: https://www.teach.cps.edu/career-changers to start your application by filling out a short survey to help us support you in the upcoming school year as you embark on your teaching licensure journey.