Our expanding organization seeks to hire a Part-Time Development Associate to join South Chicago Dance Theatre’s Executive Leadership Team. This is a hybrid in-person and remote role.
- To nurture and support the organization’s donor and funding base, building capacity for artistic and community accomplishments and overall fiscal health.
- To secure funding and manage grants, as well as working closely with the leadership team, board members, and program staff to develop and implement effective fundraising strategies and build strong relationships with donors and funding institutions.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship:
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with individual and institutional donors, including foundations, corporations, and government entities.
- Develop personalized stewardship plans to engage and retain existing donors, ensuring ongoing support for the organization.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and board members to strategize donor cultivation efforts and fundraising campaigns.
- Plan and execute donor recognition events, special campaigns, and other activities to foster donor engagement.
Grant Management and Proposal Writing:
- Identify potential grant opportunities from foundations, government agencies, and other funding sources.
- Research, write, and submit compelling grant proposals, ensuring alignment with the organization's goals and priorities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive grants calendar, tracking deadlines, reporting requirements, and other important details.
- Collaborate with program staff to gather necessary information, data, and stories for grant applications and reports.
- Ensure compliance with grant regulations and reporting guidelines.
Fundraising Strategy and Execution:
- Work closely with the leadership team and board members to develop and implement an annual fundraising plan aligned with the organization's strategic goals.
- Identify new fundraising opportunities and innovative approaches to diversify the organization's funding streams.
- Develop and manage fundraising campaigns, including online giving, major gifts, sponsorships, and special events.
- Monitor fundraising progress, track key performance indicators, and provide regular reports to the leadership team and board.
Relationship Building and Collaboration:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including foundation program officers, government officials, and community partners.
- Collaborate with program staff to ensure clear communication and understanding of funding needs, program outcomes, and impact stories.
- Represent the organization at external events and networking opportunities to promote its purpose and build strategic partnerships.
Manage donor relations and stewardship:
- Oversee donor communications, acknowledgments, and recognition activities.
- Create personalized cultivation plans for major donors and sponsors.
- Regularly engage with donors to provide updates and strengthen relationships.
- Organize and coordinate donor events, including cultivation and fundraising events.
VALUES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with successful grant writing and securing funding from foundations, government agencies, and other sources.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, fundraising principles, and grant management changing practices.
- Written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate the organization's purpose and impact to varying audiences.
- History of building and maintaining relationships with donors, stakeholders, and community partners.
- Detail-oriented with confident organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency in using fundraising software, donor databases, and other relevant tools.
- Ability to authentically communicate a passion for dance and the purpose of the organization.
- $50/per hour at 15 Hours Per Week
- December 1-June 30, 2024
- This contract is renewable beginning July 1, 2024
Submit resume, two professional references (name, phone number and email address), a short writing sample and a cover letter including a short description of why you are interested in this position, three to five personal core values and why you think you’d be a great fit for South Chicago Dance Theatre to email@example.com.
To learn more, visit us at southchicagodancetheatre.com.