Natya Dance Theatre seeks a Program Director to handle administrative, marketing, fundraising, and communications duties as well as managing the enrollment and billing for the Natya Dance Theatre school (serviced by the tuition service agency SMART Tuition).
Natya Dance Theatre is dedicated to the classical South Indian dance-theatre form of bharata natyam. Natya’s main activities include:
● The Natya School, which teaches bharata natyam classes to nearly 200 students at studios in Downers Grove, Naperville, and Chicago
● The Natya performing company, which performs at events across the Chicago area (as well as regional and national engagements)
● in addition to public outreach events and presenting guest artists from India.
The Program Director’s duties include but are not limited to:
● Managing student billing through SMART Tuition, enrollment, and communications for the nearly 200 students in the Natya Dance Theatre School, including new prospective student inquiries, class visits, intake interviews, and enrollment/billing
● Coordinating all billing and non-artistic logistics for Natya student debut performances each summer (5-8 debut events each year)
● Coordinating volunteer staffing for Natya special events such as fundraisers, picnics, Vijayadasami Day, two-week summer intensive, and school performances
● Pitching Natya touring shows to presenters across the country, and booking tours for Natya work; creating and enforcing Natya contracts for touring productions and new work
● Coordinating performances by guest artists invited by Natya, including transportation, lodging, meals, and tech schedules (approximately 2 events per year)
● Managing all ticket sales for Natya and Natya-presented productions or events (approximately 4 events per year)
● Marketing the full scope of Natya’s activities: tours, new productions, outreach performances, for-hire performances, arts education residencies, and classes through the Natya School
● Leading Natya fundraising with activities including the upcoming April 22 fundraiser luncheon, grant proposal submission and follow-up reporting, designing and executing annual individual donation campaigns, as well as maintaining and reporting from an accurate database of donations
● Creating a Natya annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors
● Generating Natya financial reports for grantors and state agencies (such as the Illinois Secretary of State), as well as creating and managing Natya’s Cultural Data Profile with Data Arts
● Updating, managing, and pulling donor, attendance, and other reports from Natya’s Artful.ly database
● Updating and managing Natya’s website on squarespace.com
● Providing support to the Board of Directors and various committees and working groups comprised of other volunteers
● Attending Natya Dance Theatre events, which may occur on nights and weekends throughout the year
Position reports to Natya’s Founder and Artistic Director and the Co-Artistic Director.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Natya Dance Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org.