At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
This is a seasonal, full-time position for our Intermediate/Advanced and Advanced level Summer Intensives held in Chicago, IL at Hubbard Street Dance Center and at Columbia College. We are seeking an experienced and responsible Chaperone to join Hubbard Street’s Summer Intensive Staff. Reporting to the Head Chaperone, the Summer Intensive Chaperone is responsible for supervising up to 15 students between the ages of 13 and 18, and works with the Head Chaperone to ensure that students are supervised during class times, lunch breaks, on activities, and in the dormitory. Chaperones ensure that students are safe at all times, eating responsibly, and respecting all rules laid out by Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, University dorms, and Colombia College Chicago.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be available from Friday, Jun 7, 2019 – Sunday, July 7, 2019
- Effectively supervise students to assure student safety
- Effectively and fairly interpret and apply policies and procedures
- Prioritize work to reflect the needs of the students
- Maintain a professional chaperone-to-student relationship
Chaperones will receive:
- Free Housing
- 15 Meals Per Week
- Reimbursement for travel-related activities
- A small stipend
- The opportunity to train with dancers and members of the Hubbard Street Artistic Staff
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.
Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion. Applicants for the Summer Intensive Chaperone also must:
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be highly organized
- Have previous experience with students 13-18 years of age
- Be able to physically assist an injured student
- Be able to live in the dormitory with students
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three (3) references (.pdfs only) detailing your interest and qualifications to Krista Ellensohn, Manager of Artist Training, at email@example.com FEBRUARY 1, 2018. Please include SUMMER INTENSIVE CHAPERONE in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.