A week long opportunity at the Ballet Hispánico studios (167 W 89th St, New York City) for dance teachers to immerse themselves amongst fellow educators, share best practices, and further their teaching artistry. All educators welcome, from seasoned faculty to new teachers, community dance practitioners, dance education undergraduates/graduates, dance studio owners, and K-12 teachers.
- Observing classes taught by Ballet Hispánico faculty
- Developing class structures and lesson plans for all age groups and levels
- Benchmarks of early-childhood, elementary, middle school, and high school
- The when and how to introduce new concepts
- Culturally responsive pedagogy
- Master class with Dr. Diane Duggan, engaging diverse learners
- Using music to enhance your teaching with an accompanist and a recorded music playlist
- Classroom management in studios, classrooms, and community settings
- Networking with educators in the field
- Teaching absolute beginners to advanced dancers in multiple dance genres
Saturday, June 1st, 2019 - Registration Opens
Early Bird Registration June 1st - 15th, 2019
$385 for NASD/NDEO Members.
Registration June 16th - July 1st, 2019
$425 NASD/NDEO Members.
Daily Rate $125 (No Early Bird Day Rate)
Monday, July 1st, 2019 - Registration Closes