Are you someone who is:
- An efficient organizer and problem-solver who can help drive projects to completion?
- An excellent communicator who works well with a wide variety of individuals?
- Passionate about supporting thoughtful and contemporary art performance programming?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Curatorial Assistant to provide project support to the performance program team. This includes coordination of internal and external information tracking, supporting workflow of office administration, and needs related to the touring and presenting of the work. To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Research U.S. and international artists working in a wide range of disciplines.
- Effectively communicate internally and externally with colleagues, artists, and the community, about the curators’ projects and vision.
- Compile and edit text for program notes, marketing platforms, and grant applications.
- Support line-producing of touring work, residencies, site-specific work, and other activities.
- Oversee content management of artist materials for internal and external use.
- Coordinate a wide variety of meetings for the planning and execution of activities.
Desired qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), a minimum of two years of experience in the performing arts field and in nonprofit administration, and:
- Experience working directly with artists and community leaders.
- Prior experience with event management, producing, community organizing, communications, and/or education work a plus.
- High attention to detail and follow-through.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as database management experience.
- Demonstrated interest in contemporary performing arts, performance, and live art.
This is a full time position with a schedule of Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm with some evenings or weekends as required for implementation of responsibilities and related Performance activities. Ability to operate office equipment, general mobility throughout museum, and light lifting required.
Interested? APPLY NOW at https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Café; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.