The Director of Finance & Operations reports to the Managing Director of ArtCore, who also is the Executive Director of the Arts & Business Council of Chicago. The position is a salary exempt position. The Director shall manage and oversee the development and implementation of a sound financial infrastructure and plays a critical role on the leadership team of ArtCore, comprised of the Executive Directors of the partner organizations.
ArtCore is a non-merging partnership between the Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC), See Chicago Dance (SCD) and Chicago Cultural Alliance (CCA), created in 2016 for the purposes of sharing resources to support each partner’s mission. Each partner operates independently and ArtCore provides infrastructure and staffing support to the partners. ArtCore operates in a shared office space in a WeWork location in downtown Chicago.
ArtCore is committed to inclusion and equity and strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of our volunteers and clients. We are committed to removing barriers to employment that are faced by equity-seeking groups including veterans, people with disabilities, or individuals who identify as members of ALAANA communities. Members of these groups are encouraged (but are not required) to self-identify as such in their cover letters and asked to describe the unique perspective this identity provides for this role.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND SEGMENTS include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Responsible for day to day operations in the finance department. Including general accounting, cash flow management, projections, and budgeting; Monthly financial analysis and preparation of detailed reports of variances; Developing financial recommendations, budgets, and cost allocation plans; Updating and implementing all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Train and support staff and volunteers on internal controls. Conduct internal reviews to ensure compliance.
- Manage bank accounts in alignment with policies and procedures.
- Oversee the processing and accounting for revenue and expenditures by program; ensures accuracy, completeness, and compliance with agency, local, state and federal requirements, and standard accounting and audit procedures.
- Oversee all payroll activities, including timesheets, taxes, withholdings and other deductions.
- Collect, interpret and present key financial data in an accurate and timely manner clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials.
- Oversee the preparation of, including gather information for the annual independent audit and all required tax filings; interface with external auditors/ CPAs.
- Assist the Executive Directors with annual and long-term financial projections and strategic planning.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Executive Directors and if necessary to the board of directors.
- Cooperate with the preparation of proposals and reports. Prepare governmental and funding reports.
- Manage personnel benefits administration.
- Maintain and manage IT functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, accounting, finance or related degree.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively affect both strategic and tactical operational and administrative initiatives.
- Ability to complete and lead focused, detailed work, assuring completeness and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies and guiding organizational investment.
- QuickBooks expertise essential.
- Salesforce experience desirable; database/CRM experience required
Full-time position that offers a competitive salary, based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT LINE: “DFO”
Application deadline April 27, 2018
To learn more about our organizations, visit:
Arts & Business Council of Chicago: www.artsbiz-chicago.org
See Chicago Dance: www.seechicagodance.com
Chicago Cultural Alliance: www.chicagoculturalalliance.org