See Chicago Dance, Chicago’s non-profit service organization for dance, is seeking a qualified Intern for the Summer season. SCD's mission is to build and engage dance audiences in Chicago and advocate for Chicago dance. SCD exists to provide Chicago dance companies with increased visibility, expansive resources, and additional forums to showcase and share their talents.
The Intern is a member of the SCD staff, reports to the Marketing and Programs Manager, and works to serve the organization’s core mission and programs. Specifically, the Intern would serve three key areas: arts administrative support for the Marketing & Programs Manager, audience building website for the Chicago dance community, and program support for SCD’s multiple audience engagement programs. This internship offers the right candidate tremendous opportunities for meaningful work and networking in a highly competitive field.
Internship duties include but are not limited to:
• Serve as key administrative support for a small not for profit service organization, mainly focusing on audience building on SeeChicagoDance.com
• Participate in the organization’s social media campaigns
• Staff will be present at dance performances, especially performances related to the organization’s current objective of building audiences and networks with diverse populations. See Chicago Dance will follow all current safety protocols from national, state and local governments. Programs may change due to any updates.
• Assist other staff with other tasks and projects as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office or equivalent software, especially Excel
• Knowledge of CRM software, video editing, and social media tools a plus
• Excellent communication skills a must
• A professional, yet fun-loving person with a sense of humor
Work averages 10 hours per week with a wage of $13.50 per hour (could vary from week to week with administrative work done remotely). Currently SCD staff is working remotely with some evening and weekend work required during in-person performances. Use of a personal computer is required. Ideally the internship would begin on May 24, but start date can be flexible for the right candidate.
Applications should be sent electronically to Jackie Kling, Marketing and Programs Manager, at email@example.com by May 16, 2021. Please insert "SCD Intern" in the email subject line. Include a cover letter, resume and a list of 2-3 references. No phone calls, please.