Chicago Dancers United is now accepting submissions for Dance for Life 2022. The performance will take place on Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at the Auditorium Theatre. Submissions will be accepted through Friday, April 1, 2022.
The celebratory performance and annual fundraiser fuels The Dancers’ Fund, which provides financial relief for preventative health care and critical medical needs for Chicago dance industry professionals. The time, effort, and energy of all those involved bolster the health and vitality of the Chicago dance community.
Chicago Dancers United (CDU) invites all professional dance companies in the Chicago area to submit video recordings of a work that meets the Dance for Life 2022 guidelines:
- CDU values dance works that display the diversity of the Chicago dance community and are exciting, joyful, and celebratory in nature.
- Larger company works evoke the essence of this beloved tradition, but the selection committee will consider smaller works if they contribute to the strength of the overall program.
- CDU requests that dance works be no longer than 10 minutes in length. Works longer than 10 minutes will be considered, but are less likely to be included in the performance as the ultimate goal is to feature as many companies as possible.
- Children, youth or school groups are not considered for inclusion in Dance for Life.
- Each participating company must secure all rights, approvals and copyrights for the music, choreography, and other materials incorporated within the work.
- Companies must be able to rehearse in preparation for Dance for Life at the companies’ expense. CDU does not provide financial assistance or support for companies performing in this benefit performance.
Dance for Life 2022 will be a 90-minute performance with no intermission. The selection committee is planning to include seven (7) companies and a dance community finale choreographed by Randy Duncan.
Visit chicagodancersunited.org for more information and to submit your materials today!
Photo: Cheryl Mann Del Cuore
Company: Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
Title: This, That and the Third
Choreography: Rena Butler
Dancers: Alyssa Allen, Jacqueline Burnett, Elliot Hammans, Alysia Johnson, Adam McGaw, Abdiel Figueroa Reyes