Ballet 5:8’s Christian Dance Educators Leadership Summit is a three-day conference bringing together dance educators, administrators and leaders from across the country. At CDELS, you’ll spend a weekend building connections, gaining inspiration, and learning industry best practices from season directors in the field.
Past CDELS Featured Speakers include
- Ballet 5:8 Co-Founder/Artistic Director Julianna Rubio Slager
- Ad Deum Founder/Artistic Director Randall Flinn
- Colorado Ballet Society Founder/Artistic Director Patricia Hoffman
- Lara Faucher Health Coach, Instructor at Grand Rapids Ballet School, Adjunct Faculty at Grand Valley State University
- CDELS 2020 Featured Speakers will be announced soon!
CDELS is dedicated to:
- Fostering excellence in dance education
- Encouraging and equipping dance educators from all backgrounds
- Strengthening connections among dance educators
- Empowering dance educators to make a difference - and be a witness - in the communities we serve through the arts
Who Should Attend?
CDELS is open to anyone currently working in the field of dance education: this includes teachers, choreographers, directors, studio owners, administrators, business managers, even board members! CDELS is appropriate for those working with both small and large organizations, including both nonprofit and for-profit organizational formats, and all styles of dance. Are you passionate about dance education? Invested in building and maintaining a thriving dance studio business? Striving to maintain quality customer service and sound business practices? Interested in the best classroom strategies? Aspiring to set innovative choreography and put on engaging performances? Would you like some personal refreshment and a chance to connect with other Christian dance educators from around the US? CDELS is for you!
Why Should I Attend?
Learn from seasoned directors who have extensive experience in the field.
Get refreshment through a weekend away and times set aside for prayer and worship.
Build connections with other educators that can provide encouragement, support and inspiration throughout the year.
What Kinds of Topics Are Covered?
For Teachers and Choreographers…
- Classroom management
- Navigating Syllabus and Choosing Curriculum
- Effective Level Placement & Evaluations
- Sample Classes with Featured Speakers
- Inspiring Hard Work in a World of “Insta”
- The Art of Corrections
- Creating Redemptive Art
- Parent Communication & Boundaries
- Marketing Plans & Promotion
- Music Rights and Grand Rights for Performance Work
- Financial Management Tips & Tools
- Navigating Studio Management Software
- Billing & Customer Service
- Scheduling & Communication Strategies
For Directors and Leaders…
- Leading a Successful Team
- Building and Sustaining a Pre-Professional Program
- Avoiding Burnout: Cultivating Healthy Habits
- Speaking the Truth in Love: Inspiring Excellence
- The Transcendent and Redemptive Nature of The Arts
- Finding Refreshment during the Lonely Seasons of Leadership
- Early-Bird Registration: $300 through November 30
- Standard Registration: $350 through April 30
- Late Registration: $400 beginning May 1 (if space remains available)
- Group Registration: $15 off each attendee for groups of three or more (applies to Standard and Late Registration only)