Dance Divas is a one-of-a-kind showcase combining the technical skills of concert dance with the artistry and glamor of drag. Now in its 15th year, Dance Divas was conceived as a platform to bring together and highlight the talent of Chicago’s dance community while raising money for and awareness of the critical health issues facing dance industry professionals. Since its inception in 1996, Dance Divas has contributed more than $250,000 to The Dancers’ Fund. For more information, please visit dancedivaschicago.com.
This year’s theme is A Night at the Movies, featuring leading male professional dancers in full drag honoring the legendary dancing divas from the silver screen.
VIP Champagne Reception
Saturday, May 20 at 5PM
Upstairs Baton Bar at The Baton Show Lounge
$150 (includes Main Floor Seating)
Saturday, May 20 at 7PM
Sunday, May 21 at 4:30PM + 7PM
The Baton Show Lounge
$100 for Main Floor Seating
$75 for Bar Seating
“What’s truly unique about Dance Divas is that it brings together the choreography and athleticism of concert dance combined with the pageantry and excitement of drag performance, blending the best elements of each art form to create a totally unique experience,” said Plummer. In total, A Night at the Movies will feature more than 40 Chicago-based dancers from 12 companies.
• Evan Boersma, The Joffrey Ballet
• Katlin Michael Bourgeois, independent artist
• Joshua Blake Carter, Giordano Dance Chicago
• Fernando Duarte, The Joffrey Ballet
• Ethan Kirshbaum, Chicago Movement Collective
• Jackson Liee, Visceral Dance Chicago
• Harrison McEldowney, independent artist
• Joe Musiel, C5 “create with no limits”
• Jimi Loc Nguyen, independent artist
• Eddy Ocampo, Leveldance
• Jonathan Pacheco, Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theater
• Jeremy Plummer, C5 “create with no limits”
• Jordan Ricks, C5 “create with no limits.”
• Cesar Salinas, Giordano Dance Chicago
• Isaac Stauffer, Chicago Tap Theatre
“The Dancers’ Fund is an important safety net for those working in the professional dance industry, including choreographers, directors, professional dancers, and others, who need short-term financial assistance with critical medical and routine wellness expenses,” said Nathaniel Ekman, executive director of Chicago Dancers United. “It’s a wonderful example of artists supporting other artists as Dance Divas unites our local top-tier professional talent for a fun and exciting evening that strengthens our thriving dance community here in Chicago."