About this series:
Since becoming a program of The Actors Fund in 2016, Career Transition For Dancers (CTFD) has awarded scholarships for certificate, undergrad and grad programs, to 488 dancers around the country, totaling over $1 million. In 2020, many dance artists used the pandemic time out to take action toward building skills or completing formal degree programs for future career moves.
About our speakers:
CTFD scholarship winners will describe their journeys from performance to three career arenas: Health and Wellness, Education, and Arts Leadership and Business. With the premise that once a dancer always a dancer, our speakers will report on their discovery of how their dance skills and experience has informed their current fields of influence. Also, they will share the emotional and logistical challenges of forging new paths and developing new chapters of their creative lives.
Careers in Health and Wellness: Weds, June 30
Careers in Education: Weds, Sept. 15
Careers in Arts Leadership and Business: Weds, Nov 17
Time: Noon – 1:30 pm CT
Some topics we’ll discuss:
- Why did our speakers decide to transition from dance to a new career?
- How did they explore and develop a new career goal?
- How did they manage all aspects of their career transition (emotional, financial, family, etc.)?
- How has their dance training and experience impacted their work/success?
- What are the challenges of studying and working in their new fields?
Via Zoom: You will receive reminders 48-hours, 2-hours and 10-minutes before the event starts.
Please register separately for each panel that interests you.