An Informal Evening of Curated Choreography
Ballet 5:8’s goal for Making Space is to facilitate a setting for emerging choreographers to showcase their work among other artists and choreographers. The forum will provide a unique, positive space where choreographers can receive constructive feedback based on their works and engage in discussion with the audience.
How to Apply
Any and all work will be considered for the showcase - we are interested in seeing work from a variety of choreographers and dance genres! Works considered for the showcase will be those that display a mature continuity of thought, use of form and creativity. Applications should be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, April 17th.
Applications should contain the following:
- Video: Work sample of the piece to be considered. Rehearsal or performance footage are both acceptable. If the piece is a new work and still being created, please send a previous work sample, along with a short proposal for the new work.
- Length: Works should be no longer than 7 minutes.
- Description: Short description of the work, including the music and composer.
- Bio: Short bio of the choreographer.
- Application Fee: There is a $15 fee to submit your work, the only fee associated with the application and performance. Fees can be submitted via Paypal using the link below, or mailed to Ballet Five Eight NFP, 20517 S. LaGrange Rd., Frankfort, IL 60423 with the choreographer’s name in the memo line.
All choreographers and their dancers must be available to attend a tech rehearsal at Lou Conte the evening of Friday May 15th. Times will be announced as soon as they are available.
Choreographers selected for the showcase will be asked to bring at least 5 audience members to the performance at Lou Conte on Saturday, May 16th. Due to limited seating, all choreographers and guests must reserve seats through Ballet 5:8 ahead of the performance. Seats reserved in advance are $5 at the door; walk-ins (pending seat availability) are $10 at the door.