CALLING ALL WRITERS!
Share Your Dance Story
Are you a dancer who writes? A writer who dances? A choreographer, dance teacher or student, lighting or costume designer, dance company director, administrator or board member, or dance dévoté? Whatever your angle, be it serious or comical, if you have a personal story to tell, a unique perspective, or a burning issue to air, write it down and send it in to SeeChicagoDance's Our Readers Write feature!
* Accepting essays on a rolling basis
* Previously published manuscripts will not be considered for publication.
* Essays should be limited to between 500 and 800 words. (Longer submissions may be considered, space permitting.)
* All submissions will be carefully read by SCD's editorial staff.
* Manuscripts are subject to editing by SCD's editorial staff, with the writer's final approval before publication.
* Writers of essays/stories selected for publication will provide SCD with a publishable photo.
* Writers of essays selected for publication will receive an honorarium of $50 and a featured spot on the SCD magazine website.
PLEASE SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include a brief personal bio (2-4 lines). The title of your essay or story, your name, and your email address should appear on each page of your manuscript.