Space to Move - Celebrate the opening of the Sybil Shearer Studio in the new Studio House of Dance and Music at Ragdale
Join us on September 18, 2021 for this FREE EVENT on National Dance Day, as we celebrate the opening of the new Sybil Shearer Studio at Ragdale. The 2,500 square-foot new construction offers accessible, state-of-the-art spaces for dancers, choreographers, and musicians, and enhances our ability to promote dance in innovative, meaningful ways.
Event is free. Bring your own picnic, or box supper and beverages are available for advance purchase on the registration form.
Event includes a promenade-style dance performance directed by Kristina Isabelle that leads you through the lush, late-summer gardens of the Ragdale campus, culminating at the site of the newly constructed Sybil Shearer Studio.
This event exemplifies the collaborative relationship between the Morrison-Shearer Foundation and Ragdale Foundation in promoting dance and inspiring new work.
The event will take place outside of the Studio House of Dance and Music, The Sybil Shearer Dance Studio, in the Ragdale Ring as the final Ring event of the season.
• Masks are recommended when outside and required when inside.
• Maintain social distance throughout your visit.
• Be respectful of others who may feel more apprehensive during this phase.
• Do not attend the event if you are sick.
• Free parking is available in Lake Forest's Oakwood lot, located behind Lake Forest City Hall at 220 E. Deerpath Rd, on the corner of Oakwood and Deerpath. A shuttle van will run every 15 minutes from 4:30PM-8PM. Metra riders may meet the shuttle in the Oakwood lot. Masks required on shuttle.
• Contactless check-in.
• Dedicated hand-sanitizing stations.
• Rain Date: Sunday, September 19, 2021
Cover Image Photo Credit: Sybil Shearer by Helen Balfour Morrison courtesy of the Morrison-Shearer Foundation.