Red Clay Dance Company is excited to request applications for a Front Desk Associate. This role is a part-time, hourly position, responsible for maintaining a safe, welcoming and professional environment for clients, staff and guests of Red Clay Dance Company.
This role of the Front Desk Associate is to ensure the provision of reception services in a child and client friendly environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones accurately, professionally and politely.
- Directs calls to appropriate staff and/or voicemail and records written messages, when necessary.
- Displays a positive attitude and maintain a professional appearance.
- Receives all visitors in a pleasant and welcoming manner, arranges for their comfort and informs appropriate staff of their arrival.
- Observe and comply with all security measures that are in place.
- Receive and sort incoming mail.
- Process out-going mail. Handle the sorting and processing of all packages for messenger services, Federal Express, etc.
- Provide administrative support as necessary.
- Maintain the Reception area, keeping it clean, replenishing coffee etc. throughout the day.
- Maintain the Office Supply room and submit inventory sheet biweekly.
- Gains knowledge regarding Red Clay Dance Company and the services offered.
- Attends staff meeting and trainings as requested.
- Participate in local networking and training opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support Facility & Operations Manager in the organization of the dance studios and storage closet.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student records and information.
- Provide client services coverage- first aid, calls home, appointments with administrators, copies needed, etc.
- Provide Teaching staff support as needed during in studio classes.
- Provide support during special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing and Sales
- Manage class registration/check-in for Academy classes.
- Provide product/service support.
- Support the Facility & Operations Manager in elevating the experience of the brand through every RCDC touchpoint, both internal and external.
Traits & Characteristics:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and identify priorities.
- Exceptional communication, public speaking, active listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Contagious excellence and professionalism.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with a commitment to maintaining Red Clay Dance Company’s unique voice while improving the quality, content and format of all correspondence.
- Ability to manage workflow and plan/coordinate the work of others to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate successfully with stakeholders, patrons, performers, and employees.
- Strong focus on results with an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Strong sense of personal and professional accountability
The selected candidate should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Work effectively and productively with others to achieve extraordinary results.
- Flexibility, Resiliency, and Problem- Solving Ability - Agile in responding to change with an ability to analyze, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Self-Management, Planning & Organizing - Uses logical, systematic, and orderly procedures to create plans, and manages time and priorities for themselves and their team, utilizing effective processes to make decisions, which lead to the achievement of objectives.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of experience as front desk/receptionist and a high school diploma. Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry. A clear professional voice is necessary as well as the ability to interact with our clients. Must be organized, punctual, team player and willing to take on new tasks as assigned. Evening and/or Saturday availability may be requested.
To Apply: Please submit the following documents in a single PDF document to email@example.com
All materials submitted will be kept confidential. All submissions will be acknowledged.