Are you an avid reader of See Chicago Dance? Are you a dancer, watcher, or simply someone with an interesting perspective on the practice, lifestyle, and enjoyment of dance in Chicago and beyond? You could be the next author published on See Chicago Dance!
Our Readers Write is a See Chicago Dance article feature series in which we turn the keyboard over to you, and let you share your thoughts on anything related to dance in Chicago. Previously, readers have shared their own personal journeys, interesting stories about hallmark figures in Chicago dance, and other essays and stories that span the gamut of what dance is about.
If you have a story to share, email Editor@seechicagodance to find out more about details today!
* Essays are accepted on a rolling basis.
* Previously published manuscripts will not be considered for publication.
* Essays should be limited to between 500 and 800 words. (Longer submissions may be considered, space permitting.)
* All submissions will be carefully read by SCD's editorial staff.
* Manuscripts are subject to editing by SCD's editorial staff, with the writer's final approval before publication.
* Writers of essays/stories selected for publication will provide SCD with a publishable photo.
* Writers of essays selected for publication will receive an honorarium of $50 and a featured spot on the SCD magazine website.
PLEASE SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com
Include a brief personal bio (2-4 lines). The title of your essay or story, your name, and your email address should appear on each page of your manuscript.