Are you an avid reader of See Chicago Dance? Are you a dancer or watcher? Maybe you're someone with an interesting perspective on the practice, lifestyle and enjoyment of dance in Chicago and beyond? You could be the next author published on See Chicago Dance!
Our Readers Write is a See Chicago Dance series in which we turn the keyboard over to you to share your thoughts on anything related to dance in Chicago. Previously, readers have shared personal journeys in dance, interesting stories about hallmark figures in Chicago dance and other essays and stories that span the gamut of what dance is about.
Throughout Fall, 2020, we are particularly interested in how dance artists and arts organizations are responding to COVID-19 and engaging with their communities.
If you have a story to share, email editor@seechicagodance.
* Essays are accepted on a rolling basis.
* Previously published manuscripts will not be considered for publication.
* Essays should be limited to between 500 and 800 words. Longer submissions may be considered, space permitting.
* All submissions will be edited by SCD's editorial staff. Major changes will be returned for the author's final approval.
* Authors are asked to provide SCD with a web-resolution photo amenable to sizing of 800 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall.
* Published authors receive an honorarium of $50 and featured spots on the SCD website and community newsletter.
PLEASE SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com
Include a brief personal bio (approximately 150 words). Please suggest a title and include a byline stating your name as you wish it be presented.