In 2017 Cerqua Rivera Dance Theatre explore our lives Alone / Together - the way we live sometimes alone, sometimes together, sometimes it's hard to say.
At Alone / Together you will experience the world premieres of our 2017 New Work in full production (lighting, costumes, projected visual art, the works), performed by our full Dance and Music Ensembles -
- Between Us by Sherry Zunker, Joe Cerqua, & Stu Greenspan
- Vent by Sherry Zunker and Stu Greenspan
- Sin Fronteras by Wilfredo Rivera and Clarice Assad, commissioned by Chicago Sinfonietta
- American Catracho by Wilfredo Rivera and Joe Cerqua
- Here Comes Treble by Taylor Mitchell and Daniel Hesler
- Waltzing Matilda by Wilfredo Rivera and Joe Cerqua
These pieces explore issues ranging from immigration to breaking up and moving on to working together (or not). They were made in a collaboration among our choreographers & composers, dancers & musicians, poets & visual artists, and costume & lighting designers. These artists hail from Chicago and Virginia, Australia and Argentina, and many points in between. Their experience ranges from a globe-spanning choreography career to a Grammy nomination to 30 years as an American immigrant. Through our Inside/Out programming we incorporated perspectives and life experiences of hundreds of audience members too.
"An exemplary company of artists possessing considerable talent."
"The audience is left breathless"
Don't miss this culmination of a year of art-making by a truly unique collective of artists in energetic, intimate concert performances.
All concerts present the same program, though we adapt to suit each space.