It’s well known that performing arts organizations have undergone a sea change in recognizing and preventing sexual harassment in the workplace. Lawyers for the Creative Arts has been at the forefront of efforts to assist performing arts groups in developing best practices in this area.
Our panel will provide helpful advice and support to the performing arts community on these important issues. Details of the program are below, and questions from the audience will be encouraged.
Legal rules and standards:
- Harassment, “hostile work environment,” quid pro quo
- Relationships between employees
- Employees vs. independent contractors
- Investigating claims -- Overkill or too little, too late?
- Fashioning a response to a complaint
Best practices and guidelines for any organization:
- Employee handbooks
- Guidelines for investigations
- Confidentiality concerns
- Advice for (and from) the Human Resources professional
Standards that work in the performing arts:
- “Chicago Theatre Standards”
- What are they? How widely used?
- Feedback from the theaters
Q&A opportunity with the panel
Click HERE to view the entire flyer with information regarding the speakers.